At Garden Spec, we are also aware that mowing the lawn is not only about cutting grass; it is all about caring for your garden to ensure its good health. One of the most common questions is how to deal with grass clippings after mowing. In this article, we will discuss the best way to treat these clippings so that your lawn gets all the benefits from every mow.
Understanding Grass Clippings
Grass clippings are not just cut grass but also a fertilizer that contains important nutrients. If used properly, they create a more healthy turf lawn.
Benefits of Grass Clippings
- Natural Fertilizer: Clippings decompose rapidly, releasing plant-essential nutrients such as nitrogen into the soil.
- Moisture Retention: They keep the soil moist, minimizing watering.
Best Practices for Handling Grass Clippings
- Leave Clippings on the Lawn: This practice–known as grasscycling, involves mowing the lawn and leaving clippings behind. They decompose rapidly, boosting the fertility of your grass.
- Proper Mowing Techniques: When the grass is dry, mow and cut only 30 percent of the blades. This means that clippings are small enough to decompose swiftly.
- Add to Compost Pile: Composting is enhanced by the addition of grass clippings. They are very rich in nitrogen, which promotes compost heating and faster decomposition.
- Balance with Brown Material: To prevent the pile from stinking, balance your green waste, such as grass cuttings, with brown material like dry leaves or straw.
- Use as Mulch: Place grass clippings around the plants in your garden beds to use as mulch. This provides moisture and also suppresses weeds.
Client Testimonial: “I had never realized how valuable grass clippings could be as mulch in my garden beds until Garden Spec demonstrated this to me. It has changed the game.” – Emma, Subiaco.
- Avoid Thick Layers: Despite its benefits, overdoing grasscycling results in thatch. This may be eliminated by regular mowing and not letting the grass get too long between cuts.
- Vertimowing Services: As such, our vertimowing service delivery is essential for thatched lawns in managing and removing undue damage.
- Crafting and Animal Bedding: In other instances, dry grass clippings can be used to make craft work or as bedding for pets.
Lawn Mowing Services at Garden Spec
In Garden Spec, we provide professional lawn mowing services. Our professional staff will see to it that your lawn is cut at the correct level and intervals for healthy growth.
Comprehensive Lawn Care
In addition to mowing, our lawn care services encompass weed and pest treatment, organic fertilization, and soil conditioning. We can also give advice on other advanced lawn care services, such as revitalizing your grass.
Client Testimonial: “The lawn mowing service of Garden Spec is the best I know. Their team always finishes my yard looking neat and in good condition. Advice on grasscycling has kept my garden green and smooth.” – Michael, Claremont.
Why Choose Garden Spec?
In essence, by selecting Garden Spec, you will be choosing a partner that is dedicated to promoting the well-being and elegance of your garden.
- Expertise: Shane Rimene and his team, after more than 15 years of experience in lawn care services, provide unrivaled knowledge that is second to none.
- Tailored Solutions: We are aware that each turf has its own individuality, and so our services have been customized to fit your specific requirements.
- Quality Service: From cutting grass to a complete service, we deliver only the highest quality.
Conclusion: Transform Your Lawn with Garden Spec
Correctly managing grass clippings can change your yard’s health as well as its appearance. Grasscycling, composting, or using clippings as mulch all help to create an environmentally sound and balanced garden ecosystem. With Garden Spec, you have a garden or lawn care expert. Call us now, and let’s collaborate to get the best result out of your lawn.